The Government of India constituted a statutory body to oversee the management of the employee provident fund (EPF) under the provisions of the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. The Government of India put together a portal called the EPFO Portal, which allows the employees and employers to access all the necessary information related to the EPF.
The employees and employers are free to access the EPFO Unified Portal by logging in with the help of a username to check the status of the employee provident fund. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization login provides a simplified digital platform for use. There are two options available to organizations for employees’ health insurance, Post-pandemic, it has been made mandatory for employers to provide medical insurance to their employees. The first is Employee State Insurance (ESI), and the second is Group Health Insurance for employees.
With the introduction of EPFO Member e-SEWA Portal, individuals can make use of their respective UAN (Universal Account Number) to not only check but also claim their contribution towards the Provident Fund. 👀
All about the Universal Account Number or UAN 💡
All the employees contributing to the EPF are assigned a unique Universal Account Number or UAN. It is a 12-digit unique number.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is responsible for generating the UAN and making the specific allocation. The Government of India has assigned the authorization responsibility for the UAN to the Ministry of Labor and Employment.
An employee changes multiple jobs throughout their career. However, the UAN, once allocated, remains the same throughout and does not change due to a job change.
EPFO has laid out a facility of providing member identification number or EPF Account (ID) to employees whenever they make a job switch. This new member ID is then linked with the UAN of the employee. The employee must submit their UAN to their new employer while requesting for a new member ID of the firm.
Since all the multiple member IDs get linked to the UAN of the employee, one can say that the UAN plays the role of an umbrella as it stores the data of employees as provided by various employers. This aspect further helps to ease the process of EPF withdrawals and transfers when an employee makes a change in their job.
What are the features & benefits of UAN? 🔍
- As stated above, the UAN proves to be immensely helpful in ensuring central control of the employee data.
- The UAN helps reduce the burden of carrying out employee verification and saves time and effort for the companies due to its unique feature.
- The EPFO can make use of the UAN to extract an employee’s bank account details along with the KYC detail without any additional support from the employers.
- UAN helps to ease the tracing of multiple jobs.
- UAN has further helped to reduce the untimely and early EPF withdrawals to a great extent.
What are the documents required to open UAN? 📄
The following documents will be required to be submitted by an employer at the time of their first registered job to get their Unique Account Number.
- Bank Account Details: Basic details such as the Account number, IFSC code of the branch, and branch name.
- ID Proof: The ID proof should be a form of national identity and should be photo-affixed like the driving license, Aadhaar, or PAN card.
- Address Proof: The employees can provide the proof of address by submitting a copy of the electricity bill, telephone bill, or a copy of the lease agreement/ration card, etc., showing the proof of current address.
- PAN Card: The employees must link their PAN card to the UAN.
- ESIC (Employees’ State Insurance Corporation) card
What are the steps for Employees’ Provident Fund Organization India login? ✔️
The employees can access the EPFO portal in the following way:
- The first step is to visit the EPFO portal.
- Once the website is ready, the user should check the tab of ‘Services’ section, then click on ‘For Employees’.
- After the new dashboard refreshes, the user should click on Member UAN/Online Services (under the ‘Services’ section). The other option is to directly visit the EPFO Member Portal/e-SEWA Portal.
The EPFO offers a variety of online services which the users can avail of by registering on the portal. With the help of the below steps, the EPF account holders can easily register at the EPFO portal. The steps are as follows:
- Head on to the EPFO member website and click on the option of “Activate UAN”.
- Once the account holder activates the UAN, they will need to fill in the personal details such as the Member ID, the name, contacts details, date of birth, ID proofs, and captcha for verification.
- After filling in the required details, the account holder will receive a PIN on their registered mobile number for authorization purposes. The user needs to confirm the PIN to validate their profile details. The message for confirmation of registration then flashes on the screen.
- After activating the UAN, the user is free to log in at any time from anywhere to verify their claim for any PF settlements or cases of partial PF Withdrawal.
- The first step is to visit the EPFO portal.
- Once the website is ready, the user should check the tab of ‘Services’ section, then click on ‘For Employers’.
- As the screen refreshes, the next step is to click on ‘OTCP/Challan Submission/Online ECR’.
- The employers are free to directly visit the EPF Unified Portal for Employers (it is crucial to ensure that the option of ‘Employer’s Sign In’ is selected and not the ‘Establishment Sign In’ option).
- After successfully registering their establishment, the employer can log in at any time using their username.
The EPFO Unified portal provides easy access to all details related to the employees’ provident fund. Following the above steps to the Employees Provident Fund Organization login makes it convenient for the users to access the information. The entire process is smooth and hassle-free. For More details click here to visit Plum Group health Insurance,