Surely by now you have heard of invisible treatments, specifically clear, as they are currently one of the most cutting-edge solutions in the dental sector and have revolutionised the market.
Impress clear aligners are transparent and removable splints, made as replicas of teeth that follow a sequence of slight movements and are adjusted on the teeth to straighten them, exerting pressure on them to place them in the optimum position.
Over time the teeth reach their ideal position according to the orthodontist’s initial plan, although treatment usually lasts for a year, it will vary according to the needs of each patient. The splints are changed approximately every two weeks. As with traditional braces, patients will need to wear retainers at night at the end of treatment to maintain the result achieved. Each splint can be removed for eating or oral hygiene, but must be worn for a set period of time, usually about 22 hours a day, before the next brace can be changed.
Clear aligners are suitable for patients with crowding or minor spacing problems. Aligners can correct mild malocclusion, severe underbites, overbites or crossbites. There are only a few exceptions and these are when the problem is not dental, but of the base of the teeth: jaw bone or palate.
Some of the features that make Impress clear aligners unique and why you should choose this type of treatment are as follows:
- It is very aesthetic: as they are invisible, few people will notice that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. It is almost imperceptible to the eye.
- It is removable: many people do not like having to carry foreign objects in their teeth 24 hours a day. Clear aligners can be removed for eating or brushing your teeth, brushing and flossing, something that is more complicated with other orthodontics. But it is necessary to know that it is always advisable to wear them for at least 22 hours, as mentioned above.
- Comfort of the treatment: it is a treatment that only has a pair of splints, it does not have any wires that can damage you like other types of treatment.
- Less painful: as it is a treatment that is not made up of wires, it is less painful and does not cause wounds or sores inside the mouth or on the gums. Although it does cause slight discomfort during the first few hours every time the splints are changed as the teeth make micro-movements.
- Quick results: as they are transparent caps, it is easier for the patient to observe the results and changes that their teeth are making in a short period of time. In general, after 3 or 4 months you will see your teeth better positioned and your smile radiant, but it depends on each case and each patient.
- Efficiency: thanks to their advanced technology, clear aligners provide you with efficiency from the very first moment.
- Hygienic: as it is a removable treatment, you will have total freedom and ease to brush and floss your teeth without any problems and you will also be able to clean the splints thoroughly.
- Healthy: due to the previous reason, the risk of diseases such as caries or gingivitis is reduced, as well as bad breath.
- Less frequent visits to the clinic: the patient will not need to visit the clinic as often as with other types of treatment.