Like any other hair treatment option, scalp micropigmentation requires your attention and care after you have undergone the treatment. Although it is a non-invasive procedure, make sure you follow a detailed after-care on your part to enjoy your new look without any complications.
It is always wise to have the patience for recovery and healing after a scalp micropigmentation procedure. Remember, your scalp develops scabs in those areas where the parts where the pigment has been used. These scabs will disappear when your scalp heals by the time.
Here are some easy aftercare tips that you should keep in mind for your immediate aftercare.
- Do not rub, touch, or wash your head for at least 3 days after the procedure.
- Avoid sweat-intensive activities, such as sauna, hiking, biking, and gym.
- You can wash your scalp after three days but make sure you do not use any shampoos or soaps to clean the head.
- In case you are due to see your doctor for another treatment process, it’s better to keep moisturizing your scalp as this will prepare your scalp for the next phase of micro-pigmentation.
- Clean your scalp using a facial cleanser after one week of the procedure.
- It is recommended to strictly avoid UV rays exposure during the first month after you have undergone the procedure. This is important to help your scalp prevent any damages before the micropigmentation begins to stay in
In addition to the aforementioned aftercare tips, make sure to follow some long-term aftercare tips to sustain realistic and great outcomes of scalp micro-pigmentation. These include:
- Avoid long exposure to the harmful sun rays. If your job nature requires you to stay in the sun, make sure to apply some sunscreen on your scalp and cover your head using a hat or a scarf.
- Keep moisturizing your scalp regularly with a lightweight moisturizer.
- Do not use tanning beds because they can increase the odds of fading.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser regularly to maintain the look.